Thank you for your suggestions and feedback here on the blog and on the Suggestions Board. I will be reaching out to some of you individually to follow up with some of your concerns, but in the meantime let me address the following questions that seem to be shared by many of you:
- How has my Group’s privacy setting changed?
The new look and feel has not changed privacy settings at all. We do not have any plans for changing your privacy settings and the only change you should see in your current setting is the option to select an avatar next to your user name. Read more. Additional Info.
- Why did you take away the ‘reply to sender’ option?
Due to popular demand this feature is back.
- Why is Groups slow or unresponsive when I use Internet Explorer?
Over the past few days many of you reported issues with while using Internet Explorer. Our engineering team worked hard to alleviate the majority of problems, and we believe this problem is now resolved. If you are still experiencing issues with your browser “freezing”, please do let our Customer Care Team know right away.
Note: Groups does not fully support Internet Explorer 6. We do fully support IE 7 and 8 Safari Firefox 3.5+
Here are some useful links on how to upgrade your respective browsers.
- Can you please put back the monthly message counter back on the Groups ‘home’ or ‘about page’?
The Product team is considering this suggestion and the best way to fulfill the needs the message counter served.
- What happened to the Web features (e.g. links, databases) that my group uses?
These features are still available to your groups and appear in the left navigation bar of any group where they are enabled. Also, if you use any applications (e.g. People Map, Birthdays, Group Profile, RSVP), they will now appear in the left navigation bar as well.
- Can I change the background look and feel for my group?
We are aiming to incorporate this option into future releases.
- I’m a moderator, and I no longer see a link my group’s pending messages. Why?
While we have removed the permanent link to the “pending folders from the navigation bar”, moderators (with the relevant permissions) will still be able to see links to the pending message and members pages whenever there are pending messages and members. In other words, the only time these links will not appear is when there is nothing pending.Visit our Help Page to learn more.
- Are you getting rid of Adult Groups?
- Are message archives going away? Am I going to lose all of my data?
We have not, and we have no plans, to delete any of your data, messaged archives or photos.
We will be sure to follow up with more detailed product descriptions. Meanwhile keep these suggestions and feedback coming