For those of you who have tested and provided us with feedback on the Groups Beta that we launched earlier this year, I wanted to share an update with you on where we are. We received a lot of really great and helpful feedback based on what you liked, and didn’t like, about the features and enhancements we were testing in the Groups Beta.
Below are some of the common themes in the feedback we heard:
- Many of you told us you really liked the ability to customize the homepage to make your groups more personalized (as well as the unlimited characters available to describe and set the tone for your groups).
- We also got a lot of positive feedback about the direction we are going with the moderation tools we tested in the beta and heard that they are a big time saver.
- At the same time, we also heard loud and clear from many of you about the concerns you had with the new design and that you don’t want a big change all at once, since that may be potentially disruptive to your groups (which is obviously not what we want).
We’re now going to take all of the feedback you have shared with us and the lessons we’ve learned and incorporate these things into the classic (or original) Groups product in an evolutionary way. In addition, since we’re no longer going to be doing further development on the current beta platform, we’re encouraging everyone who is currently using or testing the beta product to move back to the classic Groups product at their earliest convenience:
- To switch a Beta group back to a classic group, simply click the “Switch Back to Original Yahoo! Groups” link, which appears in the footer of every page of beta groups (if you’re the group owner).
- However, if your group was created as a beta group, this link does not appear. We will provide instructions on how to switch one of these groups to a classic group in the near future, stay tuned.
Thanks for taking the time to share your input on the Groups Beta!!
Yahoo! Groups Team