We have been working on making the design of the daily Digest email sent to Yahoo! Groups users, better. The digest design was modified on June 28th and in response to feedback, again on June 29th 2012 (for U.S. users only). We placed a feedback link to invite comments and feedback on the design and we heard from thousands of users.
We’ve made changes to the Daily digest format based on the feedback. This will be rolled out starting July 11th 2012. Pls do review the new design when it is implemented (this is a heads up only ). Here’s a summary of feedback and changes being made:
- The header or dashboard area is much taller due to header design, spacing between lines, bigger font size and reduced width,consequently users need to scroll more to read the summary.
- Made the digest dashboard area wider and header compressed to make the dashboard accommodate more lines.
- A subset of users had rendering issues where the message content would be rendered one word at a time.
- We’ve fixed the one-word rendering issue – this was happening with Outlook on older versions of Windows and other mail client /OS combinations as well.
- Some HTML markers were changed which caused issues with screen reader programs used by visually challenged users.
- We brought back the HTML markers that were there earlier.
We’re eager to listen and fix any other issues that you may have. As in the previous iteration, we would have a feedback link in the daily digest mail, so do let us know what you think.
- Yahoo Groups team