We’re happy to announce that over the next few weeks, Yahoo! Groups will be releasing a beta version of an attachment tool that gives moderators the ability to archive/store email attachments in Groups (removed 2003). This will allow your group members to retrieve attachments along with the original message at any time and not have to store them on their computers.
This feature will be released over the coming weeks, and will include features like:
* Adds valuable content to the group archive accessible by current/future users
* Enables users to upload content (photos, files etc.) with an email vs. having to upload each file
* Reduces the size of emails, optimal for low bandwidth, dial-up users
* Enables digest and web only members to have access to attachments
Please keep in mind that this new feature is still in early beta, which means:
* You can expect to see bugs
* You can expect to see missing features and usability problems
* You can expect down time and even the removal of the feature (if it turns out there are unforeseen technical problems)
Not sure if your Group has been migrated over? Check the left-hand navigation for an "Attachments" link (it should be a sub-category of "Messages"). If it’s there, your Group has already been migrated over. If it’s not there, don’t worry, it will be soon!
If your Group has been migrated over and you’d like to share your thoughts, please feel free to send a message to: EmailAttachmentsBeta [at] yahoogroups [dot] com
We look forward to hearing about how you like this feature and what we can do to make it even better.
If you decide you do not want to archive your messages, and you’re the Moderator of your Group, you can disable this feature by clicking on “Management” in the left column, and then clicking on “Messages” under the Group Settings section. From here, under the “Posting and Archives” section you’ll be able to set your attachment options back to your previously configured settings.
Please note: for those of you who haven’t been migrated over, when you send a message with an attachment you might be seeing a message reading: “Attachments: (To view, click Attachments under left navigation bar),” but no link exists.
Please feel free to disregard this message as this is a bug which will be resolved in the coming week and is a result of the roll-out. Thanks for your patience.
Yahoo! Community Manager