Update: 12/4 11:20 AM PT- We’re aware of the problem some groups are having approving pending messages with images and are working on a fix. This issue is unrelated to the coming change with attachment storage (no code for that has yet been pushed to production).
Back by popular demand and coming soon — Yahoo! Groups will be enhancing and reinstating a feature that will give moderators the ability to archive/store email attachments in Groups (removed 2003). This will allow your group members to retrieve attachments along with the original message at any time and not have to store them on their computers.
Benefits at a glance:
- Adds valuable content to the group archive accessible by current/future users
- Enables users to upload content (photos, files etc.) with an email vs. having to upload each file
- Reduces the size of emails, optimal for low bandwidth, dial-up users
- Enables digest and web only members to have access to attachments
Please keep in mind that this new feature is still in early beta, which means:
- You can expect to see bugs
- You can expect to see missing features and usability problems
- You can expect down time and even the removal of the feature (if it turns out there are unforeseen technical problems)
This feature will be available in the next few weeks; we’ll post more information as we get closer to the release date with details.
We look forward to hearing about how you like this feature and what we can do to make it even better.
Yahoo! Groups Team