What can you do if you think your group’s messages are being reposted to a blog without permission?
If you believe the poster is someone from your Yahoo! Group, or if you think that Yahoo! hosts the public blog, you should report the incident to Yahoo!.
Yahoo! will review your report under its Terms of Service and take appropriate action. Otherwise you (or your legal representative) will probably have to contact the company hosting the blog to find out whether, under the terms of their service, that company will remove the private communication.
You can report a violation of your privacy on WordPress here: http://wordpress.com/contact-support/
You can report a violation of your privacy on TypePad (MoveableType) here: http://support.sixapart.com/cgi-bin/sixapart.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p=tp
You can report a violation of your privacy on Blogger (Blogspot) here: http://help.blogger.com/?page=troubleshooter.cs&problem=&contact_type=main_tos&Submit
Yahoo! Groups give Yahoo! users a place to meet, interact, and share ideas with each other. Just like a real community, you may have different opinions than other Yahoo! Groups users. The Yahoo! Groups experience is best when people remember a few rules. Yahoo! sets out the terms and conditions of your use of our services in the Yahoo! Terms of Service, our Guidelines, and in other rules that we may place on our site. For your use of Yahoo! Groups, some of the key things to remember are:
- You may not harass, abuse, threaten, or advocate violence against other members or individuals or groups.
- You may not post content that is harmful to minors.
- You may not post content that is obscene, otherwise objectionable, or in violation of federal or state law.
- Stay on topic. Although all groups are different, most groups appreciate it when you stay on topic. If you constantly stray from the topic you may be moderated or removed from a group altogether by its owner.
- You may not add members to a group without their permission.
- You may not use Yahoo! Groups for commercial or advertising purposes.
- You may not post content which infringes the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties.
- You may only post adult-oriented content in age-restricted areas. You must be 18 years old or over to access these areas.
- Some content may be more appropriate in some contexts than others. Yahoo! reserves the right to remove content that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate and in violation of our rules. For example, discussions or depictions of bestiality, incest, excretory acts, or child pornography may be inappropriate if placed in a sexual or otherwise exploitative context.
- You may not use Groups solely for the purpose of storing and archiving files.
- You cannot re-post or re-transmit content that belongs to another user without that user’s permission. A Groups owner or moderator (or any other user) cannot re-post or re-transmit Groups content to any other site unless the person has the explicit permission of every group member whose content is being re-posted or re-transmitted.
Groups Community Manager